I haven’t posted anything political lately. The doctor said I needed to watch my blood pressure so I try not to ponder the fact we are on a rocket sled and headed for a cliff.
Nevertheless, I figure the stuff that makes me smile can’t be too bad for the blood pressure so that explains why I’m reprinting the below comparison that I received via email from a good friend.
For those of you not in the US you may be unaware of the interstate rivalry between Illinois and Wisconsin. This rivalry has been brought into sharper focus as Wisconsin has actually done something about a out-of-control budget while Illinois has continued with the same tax and spend, lack of common sense that seems par for the course with states that stick with Democrat Governors.
So, with that short explanation for my non-US readers enjoy the following.
(Oh yeah, for even more fun substitute California for Illinois and Texas for Wisconsin.)
The Governor of Illinois is jogging with his dog along a nature trail.A coyote jumps out and attacks the Governor’s dog, then bites the Governor.
1. The Governor starts to intervene, but reflects upon the movie “Bambi”
and then realizes he should stop because the coyote is only doing what is natural.
2. He calls animal control .. Animal Control captures the coyote and
bills the State $200 testing it for diseases and $500 for relocating it.
3. He calls a veterinarian. The vet collects the dead dog and bills the
State $200 testing it for diseases.
4. The Governor goes to hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for
diseases from the coyote and on getting his bite wound bandaged.
5. The running trail gets shut down for 6 months while Fish & Game
conducts a $100,000 survey to make sure the area is now free of dangerous animals.
6. The Governor spends $50,000 in state funds implementing a “coyote
awareness program” for residents of the area.
7. The State Legislature spends $2 million to study how to better treat
rabies and how to permanently eradicate the disease throughout the world.
8 The Governor’s security agent is fired for not stopping the attack.
The State spends $150,000 to hire and train a new agent with additional special training re: the nature of coyotes.
9. PETA protests the coyote’s relocation and files a $5 million suit
against the State.
The Governor of Wisconsin is jogging with his dog along a nature trail. A
Coyote jumps out and attacks the dog.
1. The Governor shoots the coyote with his concealed carry pistol and keeps
jogging. The Governor has spent $0.50 on a .45 ACP hollow point cartridge.
2. The Crows eat the dead coyote.
And that, my friends, is why Illinois is broke and Wisconsin is not.
- A Coyote Tale (mypoliticalmusings.wordpress.com)